We raise the profile of university research to attract funders and students and ensure high scores on impact assessments. We provide high-quality impact training.
Our work aims to achieve the following:
- Maximise, track and demonstrate the impact of research
- Ensure high scores in impact assessments (e.g. REF, impact element of grant applications)
- Raise the profile of research to attract both funders and students
- Strengthen research collaborations and establish new income-generating partnerships
To meet these objectives, we deliver a wide range of workshops and training courses designed to help academic researchers maximise the impact of their research and showcase it to best effect.
We also facilitate strategic impact development for research groups and coach individual academics and small groups to help them develop impact case studies.
We work with academic institutions and individual academics to communicate research findings effectively to target audiences, engaging policymakers, the public, private and third sectors, the media, funders and the public.
We advise institutions on strategies to embed impact in their research activities – and provide support to implement them.
Academic Impact Training
Our research impact workshops build the skills academic staff need to develop and maximise the impact of their research. Our lead trainer, Kristine Pommert, is highly experienced and CIPD-qualified, with longstanding experience of designing and delivering a wide range of specialist training. Our thorough understanding of the impact agenda means we are exceptionally well placed to deliver effective training in this area.
“The feedback from colleagues here has been outstanding… many saying it is one of the most useful training events they have ever had!”
Dr Wayne Morris, Head of Department and Associate Dean, Faculty of Humanities, University of Chester
Each of our workshops has a modular structure so universities can pick exactly what they need. Modules can be tailored to the requirements of each group.
Our current workshops include:
- Preparing for the REF2021
- Impact Skills Training for Early Career Researchers
- Advanced Research Impact Skills for Mid-Career Researchers
- Getting Policymakers to Listen
- Training for Trainers: building research impact skills to cascade to your teams
- Making Your Mark: Media Training (can be offered for women only)
We can also create fully bespoke workshops to meet most academic training needs, so just contact us if you need something different.